I love LOVE love to read books. Reading fiction will always be my favorite because you get to create what you’re reading. I love to picture what the characters look like and imagine the settings described in the book. It really is a magical experience! Below is a list of the top ten books I always recommend. It is SO hard to choose, but these are at the top of my favorites list right now (yes it changes often)–I also added two of my most favorite non-fiction books for good measure.
1. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers – This one is definitely more well known. Lets just say if you have not read this one, READ IT! You won’t regret it, I promise. I recently recommended it to a friend and she read it in one weekend. That’s what Redeeming Love will make you do.
2. Curse of Misty Wayfair by Jaime Jo Wright – This is a timeless tale about two peoples lives that are intertwined, even though centuries apart. I could not put this book down and LOVED every second of it. Other novels by Jamie Jo Wright are equally as great but this one is my favorite.
3. The Restoration Series by Terri Blackstock – These books are a combination of all the best things, like: murder mystery, romance, faith, and survival. My husband, Josiah, does not read but I got him to read these and he loves them. There are four books in the series and I read them every year. I don’t usually cry when reading a book…but the fourth book makes me cry, every single time!
4. Formula of Deception by Carrie Stuart Parks – This book got me. After reading so many books you get good at predicting what the outcome will be but his book had me guessing until the very end! Definitely of favorite of mine.
5. Finding Lady Enderly by Joanna Davidson Politano – I don’t normally read books like this but I LOVED it! It has a Downton Abbey vibe that I fell in love with from page one.
6. Seer Novels by Rachelle Dekker – These are your typical dystopia novels but BETTER! There are three books and each one is from a different character’s perspective. I love how theses were written and the dystopia story line.
7. The Sweet Smell of Magnolias and Memories by Celeste Fletcher McHale – If you are looking for a easy heartwarming read this is the book for you. A sweet story about how a tragic event turned into something beautiful!
8. Strands of Truth by Colleen Coble – Colleen has SO many great books and I am obsessed with them all. Obviously, there are way to many to write about so I added her most recent novel. The romance is very predictable but the mystery makes me never want to put the book down!
9. Love That Lasts by Jefferson & Alyssa Bethke – This is a great book for everyone no matter what season you are in. It is fun but also holds a lot of wisdom and biblical truth.
10. Magnolia Story Chip & Joanna Gaines – Who doesn’t love Chip & Joanna? I actually don’t like autobiographies, but this book is a must read. So good!
Photo by Janko Ferlič