- “Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.” Psalms 116:7
Your body can be at rest knowing the Lord will protect you, once more. His “once more’s” never come to an end.
- “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:6-7
He will lift you up at the right time, He cares for your, so cast your anxiety upon Him today!
- “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.” Philippians 4:8
One sure way to defeat anxiety is to keep the mind focused on God. When we focus on these kinds of things, our hearts won’t have time to be weighed down by anxiety, fear, and worry.
- “So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body…” Ecclesiastes 11:10
Fill your heart with Gods word!
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
Sometimes, it is our own understanding of things that pushes us into a mess of anxiety, don’t lean on yourself and your own understanding—always submit to him and He will steer you in the right direction.
- “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.” Psalms 28:7
Go to Him in those moments and trust in Him. He will be your protection. Begin to praise him and glorify His name and watch your anxiety fade away.
- “I lie down and sleep;I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.” Psalms 3:5-6
He will give you sweet peace and sweet sleep. You can be assured that when you lay your head down at night—He is STILL watching over you!
- “A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.” Psalms 91:7
It may be chaotic all around you, but in the midst of the storm, He will not let a single ounce of it touch you—you are His.
- “In my distress I called to the Lord, I cried to my God for help… He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me.” Psalms 18:6 & 16-17
Look to God in your trouble. He will pull you out of the deep waters and rescue you from it all. He will move heaven and earth to save His children from their enemies. Go to Him!
-9 & 10 are combined.
Scripture is a sure fire way to defeat anxiety and keep your mind in line with Christ. I memorize these scriptures so I can use them to battle anxiety when it tries to fight its way in–use Gods word to live in victory. Trust me, after struggling with anxiety for years, this is one of the best methods to getting it under control! Stay winning today!
Leave a comment or hit follow for weekly updates!